*** Recipes Tutorials ***
This pasta dish consists of ingredients that will make anyone's mouth water. I actually put this recipe together with just my knowledge of what a carbonara pasta is & with what I had in my kitchen. So while this isn't exactly a traditional carbonara, it is a successfully delicious dish to me & my family! It's also a non-time consuming meal which is a plus for anyone with a busy schedule any day of the week.
- 10 slices of Bacon, chopped
- 1 box of Spaghetti (1lb)
- 1 lb uncooked, de-veined, Shrimp
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (and then some for garnishing)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- First things first, get you water boiling for your spaghetti - this always seems to take so long, and can really mess up your timing if you forget until the 'add pasta' step. Be sure to prepare your spaghetti aldente, then drain and set aside until needed.
- Next, fry bacon on medium heat. Once cooked, set aside.
- Add your onion and garlic to bacon drippings, sprinkle on some salt and pepper, then saute until tender. Note: If you have really fatty bacon, you can remove some fat before adding the onions.
- Add shrimp and saute until fully cooked and pink. Reduce the heat to just below medium (about 4) and add in your spaghetti, mixing remaining drippings and seasoning into the pasta.
- Next beat your eggs and add them to the pasta. Be sure to continuously work the pasta with the eggs until it starts to have a glazed appearance.
- Note: Be warned, if your heat is too high, you will end up with a dried-on mess of eggs on the base of your pan... not that it happened to me the first time I made it...
- Finally, add the Parmesan cheese and mix with your tongs until fully combined. Plate it up and garnish with some additional Parmesan and some fresh (or dried) parsley to really fancy it up! :)
Source : myfoodinfatuation.blogspot.ca