*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Sauteed chicken tenders get a flavor boost from fresh lemon and thyme. Great as a main meal or as a salad topper.
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced (for use in recipe below)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves)
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Salted Butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon Land O Lakes® Salted Butter
- 1 teaspoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- fresh thyme leaves from two sprigs of fresh thyme or a sprinkle of dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Egg noodles with butter, thyme and lemon juice to taste
- Salad for serving
- Lemon & Thyme Chicken
- Bring water to a boil for the egg noodles and add noodles when water is boiling. Prepare according to instructions on the package.
- While waiting for the water to boil, prep the chicken. Beat two eggs in a shallow dish and add 1 teaspoon of the freshly squeezed lemon juice and mix. In another shallow dish, mix lemon zest, garlic, thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Then add breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly. Add chicken to the the dish with eggs and coat. Using a different hand, add chicken to the dish with the breadcrumbs and coat thoroughly. Place chicken on a plate and repeat until all chicken is coated.
- In a nonstick pan, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Salted Butter on medium heat. Add half of the chicken cutlets and cook on each side for 3–5 minutes (timing depends on thickness). Remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat and cook the rest of the chicken with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoon of Land O Lakes® Salted Butter.
- Once chicken is done, in the same nonstick pan, add 1 tablespoon Land O Lakes® Salted Butter and allow the butter to melt. Add flour and mix with a wooden spoon and cook for about 1–2 minutes. Add fresh thyme leaves; it will sizzle. Mix and cook for about 30–60 seconds. Add chicken broth and white wine; it may bubble up a little bit (turn down the heat if needed). Allow the alcohol to cook off and the sauce to thicken, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Serve sauce over egg noodles if you'd like. Flavor the noodles with Land O Lakes® Salted Butter, thyme, pepper and lemon juice. Serve with a side salad or your favorite vegetable. The leftover chicken is great on top of a salad!